Department of Horticulture– Schemes and Programmes in Department of Horticulture are similar to Department of Agriculture in Chhattisgarh. In this article we are going to discuss about the brief information of some schemes and plans of department of horticulture C.G. Let’s start with the following topics:
- Department of Horticulture.
- Schemes of Horticulture Department.
- Categories of Schemes.
- Necessary Documents.
- Application Process.
(Disclaimer: Schemes and Plans can be changed each year. But, plans described here are the basic feature of a scheme. We will update all the plans whenever it is changed.)
Introduction: Horticulture Schemes by Chhattisgarh Government
Geographically, Chhattisgarh is divided into three region,
- Northern Plateau– Climate of northern C.G. is suitable for horticultural crops.
- Central Plains– Climate suitable for agronomical crops. It is an region of extensive rice cultivation.
- Bastar Plateau- Climate of this region is suitable for both agri and horticultural crops.
Plans and schemes for different region is prepared separately. Specific schemes are made for some specific region. For example NHM or National Horticulture Mission is not applicable in all districts.
Previously, department of horticulture was a part of agriculture department. Department of horticulture was separated from agriculture before the creation of Chhattisgarh. After the separation of the department the horticulture extension work and staff have also increased.
In recent years the department has launched many schemes. All schemes are made only for small and marginal farmers.
Department of Horticulture C.G.
Objectives of department of horticulture with government are,
- To enhance the social and economical level farmers.
- Providing them required knowledge.
- Providing them resources.
- Providing them high quality seeding and planting materials.
(Note: The objectives are not official).
Structure of department of horticulture
From field level to headquarter the department of horticulture has a good working system.
(1). At village level
- Officer- RHEO or Gramin Udyan Vistar Adhikari.
- Work- Extension work and distribution of planting materials.
(2). At Block:
- Officer- SHDO OR Varisth Udyan Vikas Adhikari.
- Work- Management and direction of all departmental schemes at bock level. He gives instruction and direction to all RHEO during meetings.
- SHDO can also be sub-divisional officer
(3). At District:
- Officer 01- ADH or Assistant Director of Horticulture.
- Work- Execution of plans for field level officers and occasionally inspections.
- Officer 02- Deputy Director of Horticulture.
- Work- Handling the schemes in more than two districts.
(4). In State:
- Officer- Director of Horticulture.
- Work- Overall direction for whole state.
Schemes of Horticulture Department
There are two types of schemes:
- RKVY1 or Rastriya Krishi Vikas Yojna.
- RKVY2 or Rajya Krishi Vikas Yojna.
Subsidy is 70% for small and marginal farmers and 50% for big farmers wherever it is applied.
Table- 01. Area and production of different horticulture crops in 2016-17 (Data Source: CG Horticulture).
|SN.||Remarks||Fruit||Vegetable||Spices||Flower||Medicinal and Aromatics|
RKVY1 or Rastriya Krishi Vikas Yojna
(1). Spices Area Expansion
- Cinnamon etc.
(2). Flower Area Expansion
- Marigold etc.
(3). Vegetable Area Expansion
- Vegetable Minikit– A vegetable minikit can contain five different types of seeds of different vegetable sp. e.g., tomato, brinjal, okra etc..
- Potato etc.
(4). Fruit Plants Area Expansion
- Grafted Mango.
- Jack fruit.
- Banana etc.
(5). Medicinal and Aromatics
- Lemon grass etc.
All seeding materials are improved or hybrid varieties.
RKVY2 or Rajya Krishi Vikas Yojna
- Community Fencing– Cement poles and linked chain mesh are provided to fence field and crops. More than 3 farmers belonging to same category are eligible for community fencing for maximum 5 acre of land.
- Insecticides- Bio-pesticides like- neem based Insecticide, are distributed.
- Seeding material– for river bed cultivation. Vegetable seed is distributed.
- Drip Irrigation– Drip systems are installed in farmer’s field for efficient use of less water.
Also read:नदी कछार एवं तटों पर सब्जी उत्पादन.
- Pack house– For storing field products.
- Processing units– Tomato catch up, chips unit, mushroom processing unit.
- Shade Net– For protective cultivation of field crops. Green Shade Net is used for cultivation of major commercial crops and for the propagation of nursery plants.
Categories of Schemes
Most of schemes provided by the horticulture department are totally free and some are based on subsidy. The price of subsidy based schemes are set at very low price than its original market price.
(1). Free Schemes
- Vegetable seed distribution.
- Flower planting materials.
- Fruit plant distribution.
- Minikit distribution.
(2). Subsidy Based Schemes
- Drip system.
- Community fencing.
- Pack house and processing units.
Same as agriculture. Necessary documents applying for these schemes are as follows:
- Adhar card.
- Bank passbook.
- 2 passport size photo.
- Panchayat Prastav in case of shednet, pack house etc.
- Standard size colourful photo with bore for shednet.
- Mobile number.
Same as agriculture. Application can be submitted to RHEO at office or through camps.
- Go to regional horticulture office.
- Ask for application form. It is always free.
- Fill all credentials.
- Submit it after verification.
Programmes in Horticulture Department
(1). Farmer Training
Farmer training programmes are offered periodically by the department. training programmes are conducted for:
- Preparation of vermi-compost.
- Training for grafting and cutting.
- Training for ‘training and pruning’.
(2). Farmer Visit
- Farmer visit inside state– Example- Kishan Mela, Krishi Mela.
- Farmer visit outside state– Example- Rastriya Kishan Mela, International Agriculture Fair.
The expenses for all selected farmers are bear by the department.
Last Updated: 28-03-2021.
- Plant-crops Physiological Disorders Multiple Choice Objective Questions
- Assistant Veterinary Field Officer: AVFO Work and Salary
- What is Mrig Bahar in Guava?
- What is Ambe Bahar in Guava?
- RAWE Programme, Certificate and Job