The Drip Irrigation System – Governmental Scheme and Subsidy. Importance of Drip Irrigation. Installation of Drip System. Online Registration for Drip Irritation. List of Crop Under Drip Irrigation.
(THE POST WILL BE UPDATED WITH PHOTOS WITHIN A WEEK)
Drip Irrigation Subsidy Through Governmental Scheme comes under the farmer welfare program. It is a very costly irrigation system. If you are planing to install the system in your field, then you should go with governmental scheme which is based on 50% and 70% subsidy.
It is a very important topic of agriculture under irrigation of field and horticultural plant-crops.
The Article is Divided Into Three Parts:
PART 01: INFORMATIONAL
PART 02: COMMERCIAL USE
PART 03: EDUCATIONAL
PART 01: INFORMATIONAL
Drip: The word drip indicates the type of water flowing in which drop of water come out through an outlet as a small water droplet.
Drip System: Drip system is one of the most efficient technique of water irrigation. It was originated from Israel. Drip system in a field work as the blood supplying veins.
Drip Irrigation: Drip irrigation is based on the concept of lowest water use.
Efficient use of water: Amount of water required in drip water is very low. Water is transferred from the water source to plant stem/root through perforated pipes.
Fertigation: Application of fertilizer becomes easy with drip irrigation. For this, applicable fertilizers is dissolved into irrigation water inside a water tank. The inlet of water tank is connected with bore and outlet is connected with main pipe of drip system.
- Herbigation: It is similar to fertigation.
- Subsidy: This is the point we are talking about…. The actual cost of per acre project is around 1.08 la..cs. After subsidy it is 30k INR.
- Water loss: Water loss is minimum.
- Weed Management: Weed management is easy. Irrigation is spot oriented. Weed can be seen growing around the stem of plant which can be easily uprooted.
- Type of Land: Apart from sprinkler irrigation, it is also used for uneven land.
- Chocking of openings.
- Cost: Initial cost is high. For example- 30k is needed for 1 acre of area.
- Installation and re-installation is required for each season crop.
How to Get Subsidy?
- Farmer Should have 1 acre of land.
- Farmer should have borewell in field.
Applying for Subsidy
To get subsidy follow these instruction
- Collect necessary documents
Documents needed are:
- Adhar Card: Adhar card of applicant.
- Bank Passbook: Bank Passbook of applicant.
- B-1 (land records): Khasra number of the land in which bore is located.
- Photo: Photo with bore and a black and white photo of farmer.
- Electricity bill: Electricity bill of farm house.
Submission of documents
For getting subsidy, documents should be submitted to regional offices of department of horticulture. Offices of horticulture are located at,
- Head office- It is located at district.
- Regional offices are located at block and a sector of 5 -10 villages.
Other method of submission of documents
To Horticulture Officers
- Rural Horticulture Extension Officer- Submit your documents to RHEO.
- Horticulture Development Officer- Directly submit your documents to HD0.
- Senior Horticulture Development Officer- Submit your documents to SHDO.
Through Governmental Camps
Farmer welfare camps are organised at regular intervals by the government with help of local administration. These camps are oriented toward the solution of different problems of common people. Officers from all department are present at camps to solve the problems of people on the spot.
Here, department of Agriculture and department of horticulture are also present. Farmers who are interested in drip irrigation can apply here to get instant approval. The project will be completed by the department within 2-3 months.
Online submission is done using the url of CHAMPS. Fill all blank space with required data and recheck before the final submission.
After the aproval of application farmer’s field is surveyed by the company,s officials. He prepares an estimate for whole project. Whole field is measured for preparation of estimate. Farmer share is taken from farmer.
PART 02: COMMERCIAL USE
Drip Irrigation in Vegetable Crops
Tomato: Tomato grown during rainy depends on periodic rain. Crop grown in winter and summer season are irrigated through drip system for the efficient use of available water.
List of other vegetable crops:
- Water Melon.
- Bitter Gourd.
- Other gourds
Drip Irrigation in Flower Plants
Rose: Rose is best flower plant when drip system is installed. Distance between two plant is 45 – 60 cm. Use of this system is recommended.
List of other flower plants:
- Gladiolus (Seldom).
List of Fruit plants: Annual and small sized fruit plant-crops are suitable with drip irrigation.
- Straw berry.
List of Bulb plant-crops:
Subsidy is applicable.
Subsidy is applicable. It is 100% free of cost if plant house is established at farmer’s field through governmental scheme. Plant houses such as green plant house and white plant hoses are included in governmental scheme. Drip system is included in these schemes. The system is installed inside the plant house.
PART 03: EDUCATIONAL
- Origin: The origin place is Israel (the land of desert). Most parts of Israel is dry. Water body, specially fresh water body below the soil is hard to find. Efficient use of water is needed in these areas. This gave birth to the idea of drip drip irrigation.
- Discharge Rate: Discharge rate depends on the type of pipe, motor, crop area and used system. It is a very efficient system of irrigation.
Discharge rate is less than 1 litre per hour or maximum, 10 – 20 litre per hour. The mount of water depends on:
- Number of openings in per unit area:
- Spacing between two plants.
- Type of water: Heavy soils have more water holding capacity. Frequently irrigation is needed in light soil (sandy soil).
Types of pipe and discharge rate: Pipes with more number of hole emit more water per hour.
Distance between crop and bore well: Distance between the crops and bore well is very important. Water pressure decreases when the distance between crop field and bore well is sufficient.
System used: Power full system is needed for the equal distribution of irrigation water.
Irrigation Interval: Irrigation interval is a week.
Water use: It save more 50% of water.
Explanation of Post Related Words
Application of fertilizer through irrigation water is known as fertigation.
Application of pesticides through irrigation water is known as fertigation.
Shade Net house, Glass House and Poly houses are the types of plant house. Plant house are used in protected cultivation.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 01: What are other related schemes under farmer welfare program?
Answer: It is sprinkler irrigation. Fogger irrigation system is installed inside the plant house.