IGKV CET 2020– IGKV CET is also known as IGKV Common Entrance Test. It is a memory based common test conducted by the university, Indira Gandhi Agricultural University or Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya (इंदिरा गाँधी कृषि विश्वविद्यालय) in Hindi, Krishak Nagar, Jora, Raipur (C. G.). The entrance exam is conducted by the university for the selection of eligible candidates. Selection is done for M. Sc. Agriculture Degree Program (duration of two to two and half year, sometimes). Entrance exam for Ph. D. is also known as CET.
STRONGLY RECOMMEND: Please Read Terms and Conditions Before Online Purchase.
IGKV CET 2020
IGKV CET 2020 is an upcoming entrance exam. This will be conducted after the completion of examinations of final semester. It is 4th year’s final semester for B. Sc. Agriculture and 2nd year’s final semester for M. Sc. Agriculture.
|1.||Date of examination||1st – 2nd week of June (It will be updated)|
|2.||Exam conducting body||IGKV administration. Responsible to conduct the examination for whole state.|
|3.||Place||College f Agriculture Raipur, Krishak Nagar|
This exam is relatively easy. It can be prepared within 2 months after the completion of B. Sc. Agriculture. With right planning and proper time management, the preparation of CET becomes very easy and you can clear it in your single attempt. Deep study during M. Sc. Ag. is helpful in easy clearance of the examination.
Subjects and Syllabus
(This section will be updated)
CET is based on memory. The important topics are as follows:
(Syllabus is based on memory)
- Scientific name, family, origin, distribution, economic importance of field crops.
- Package of cultivation of cereal, pulse crops: Climate, soil, land preparation, sowing, varieties, manuring, irrigation, weeding, plant protection.
- Scientific name, family, origin, distribution, economic importance of flower, fruit and vegetable plant crops.
- Package of cultivation of flower, fruit and vegetable plant-crops: Climate, soil, land preparation, sowing, varieties, manuring, irrigation, weeding, plant protection.
- Scientific study of different species of beneficial and harmful insect pests.
- Management of harmful insect-pests like bugs, flies bee, caterpillars: Cultural, physical, chemical, IPM (Integrated Pest Management).
- Plant diseases and their management: Cultural, mechanical, chemical and IDM (Integrated Disease Management).
- Microorganisms: Plant virus, fungus, bacteria, phytoplasma.
- Formal and informal education .
This is common test for all faculties. List of Faculties
- Agronomy (major faculty).
- Horticulture (major faculty).
- Entomology (major faculty).
- Plant pathology (major faculty).
- Soil science (major faculty).
- Agricultural economics (major faculty).
- Agricultural extension (major faculty).
- Plant breeding and genetics (major faculty).
- Plant Physiology (major faculty).
- Plant Microbiology.
Guidance for Preparation
Best Time for Preparation
Preparation for this exam can be started from 1st year, but the best time is 3rd and 4th year. Sometime, smart preparation of a few month is sufficient.
Preparation with a Coaching Institute
A coaching institute will help you in following ways:
- Regular free test series.
- By providing notes.
- By giving proper guidance.
Admission fee is required for getting admission in a coaching institute. Monthly fee is fixed which is different in different institutes. Students have to choose right coaching institute.
Self preparation is based on self confidence. Remember following things in self preparation:
- Prefer best books.
- Make notes.
- Do more revisions.
- Follow regular study schedule.
Follow given time table in self preparation
|S. NO.||Day||Subject||Time Duration|
|1.||Monday||Agronomy, Horticulture||Combined 4 hours for both the subjects|
|2.||Tuesday||Soil science||1-2 hours|
|3.||Wednesday||Entomology, Plant Pathology||Combined 4 hours for both the subjects|
|4.||Thursday||Agricultural Economics, Extension Education||Combined 3 hours for both the subject|
|5.||Friday||Plant Breeding and Biotechnology||Combined 4 hours for both the subject|
|6.||Saturday||Meteorology, Agro Forestry||1 hour for meteorology and 1 hour for agro forestry|
|7.||Sunday||Agricultural Statistics, Agricultural Engineering||3 hours for agricultural Statistics and 2 hours for Agricultural Engineering|
You can alter this combination of time table according to your interest.
Tips for Preparation of Different Subjects
|1.||Agronomy||Agronomy is a very important subject in CET. More numbers of questions are asked from agronomy. It is an easy and tricky subject. Deep study of general and scientific cultivation practice is required.|
|2.||Horticulture||Horticulture includes vegetable science, floriculture and vegetable science. Scientific name, varieties, propagation are important.|
|3.||Entomology||8 – 10 questions are asked from the subject. Practical study is very important to understand the subject.|
|4.||Soil Science||General study is needed. You have to remember some key points. Make a note.|
|5.||Plant Pathology||Plant pathology is not an easy subject. You have to remember unlimited scientific words. Practical makes all things easy.|
|6.||Agriculture Extension||Focus on understanding topics.|
|7.||Agriculture Economics||Focus on facts. Remember formulas. Focus 9n diagram.|
|8.||Plant Breeding and Biotechnology||Focus on understanding different topics. Do more practical work. Take help from online videos.|
|9.||Meteorology and Agro Forestry||Don’t go in deep. Focus on fundamental. Remember key points.|
|10.||Agricultural Statistics and Agricultural Engineering||Agriculture statistics is a very very important subject which can make difference in merit list. Regular practice is needed. Focus on understanding the maths. Give more time.|
Same thing is required for agricultural engineering.
Books and Notes
You have to prepare note by your self. Try to own some trusted books. The competitive should include:
- Fundamental of agriculture.
- Inclusion of all subjects.
- Easy language.
- Point to point description.
- Multiple choice questions and their answer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question- 01. Who are eligible for IGKV CET?
Answer: Students who have passed B. Sc. Agriculture are eligible for IGKV CET. Students from other universities are not allowed.
Question- 02. Is entrance exam for M. Tech. Ag. Engineering taken by the same university?
Question- 03. What are minimum marks to clear IGKV CET?
Answer: It depends on merit list.
- Communication Process: Major Elements & Their Characteristics
- Early Blight of Potato- Cause, Life Cycle, Symptoms of Damage and Management
- Agri Consult
- NHM: National Horticulture Mission
- PAT: Pre Agriculture Test
- General Agriculture Multiple Choice Question : Agriculture Competitive/Entrance Exams.
- Horticulture Multiple Choice Objective Questions and Answers: Horticulture Entrance Exam.
- Olericulture: Vegetable Science Multiple Choice Questions and Answers: Agriculture Competitive Exams.