|NAME||Krishi Vigyan Kendra (KVK), Bilaspur|
|STAFF||Senior Scientist (Head of the institute), SMS (Subject Matter Specialist)|
|Senior Scientist and Head||Dr. S. P. Singh (Soil Science)|
|SMS||Mr. Pankaj Minj (Ag. Engineering)|
Krishi Vigyan Kendra Bilaspur (KVK Bilaspur) or ‘कृषि विज्ञान केंद्र, बिलासपुर’ is a government institute related to agriculture, farming and technology, located at Sarkanda Farm, Bilaspur, Chhattisgarh. It has special place among all the agricultural scientific research institutes/centers established in Chhattisgarh, India.
In this post we are going to know about ‘KVK Bilaspur‘……
|5.||Frequently Asked Questions|
Location: The KVK is located at Sarkanda, Bilaspur, Chhattisgarh.
Year of Establishment: 1984.
Major works of the KVK are as follows:
- Trail Works.
- Farmer’s Training.
- Field Visit.
3.1 Trail Works
3.1.1 Procedure/Steps of/in Trail Work
- Invention of new technologies.
- Trail before release.
220.127.116.11 Invention of New Technologies
New technologies are invented at agriculture university. The university is IGAU or popularly known as IGKV, Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya.
Field of technologies which are to be explored by any agricultural university, are as follows:
- Field crops and technologies, department of agriculture
- Plantation crops and technologies, department of Horticulture.
- Animal husbandry and technologies, department of veterinary science.
- Fisheries and technologies, department of fisheries.
These, recently invented technologies are transferred to all KVKs inside Chhattisgarh including KVK Bilaspur.
Now KVK Bilaspur has to complete its part, which is….
18.104.22.168 Trail Before Release
New technologies, invented by IGKV are tested at KVK Bilaspur by technical teams. It is done to know…..
- Will local climate suit new technology? For example trail and release of new varieties of rice for a particular region of Chhattisgarh.
- Adoption Curve: Adoption curve of a particular technology by the farmers of that region can be understand by the trail of technology before release.
- Overall Performance of New Technology: The overall performance of a new technology has always been the major consideration before release. For example- Performance of a new variety or any other technology against different harmful factors/issues.
3.2 Farmer’s Training
Farmer’s training is one of the major activity of the centre. All categories are enrolled in training programs. Examples of different training programs:
- Pest Management Training.
- Irrigation Management.
- Nutrient Management.
- Crop residue management.
Pest Management Training: This includes management of different pest species such bacteria and fungus.
Irrigation Management: This includes transfer of advance technology and scientific knowledge related to irrigation of plant-crops.
Nutrient Management: This includes methods of application of different crop fertilizers.
Crop Residue Management: Management of crop residue as green manure. It is a part of manuring.
3.3 Field Visit
Field visit is done by the officers. Field visit is specific. Generally it is done by Subject Matter Specialist, periodically to inspect the progress of infield crops.
4. Image Gallery
5. Frequently Asked Questions
Question 01. What are other training programs organised for farmers?
Answer: The other training programs organised by the KVK for farmers are as follows (clarification needed):
Question 02. Can a farmer from other or nearby district get benefits of different schemes through KVK Bilaspur?
Answer: Each district has its own KVK. Although, they can get scientific and technical information.
*Ask your questions through comment comment box
Note: This article needs further clarification, and anyone can help by contacting us.