TAGS: List of Subjects in B. Sc. Ag. (Bachelor of Science in Agriculture). List of Subjects B. Sc. Ag. 2020. Major Subjects in B. Sc. Agriculture. Minor Subjects in B. Sc. Agriculture.
Summary: List of Subjects in B. Sc. Agriculture
- This list of subjects in B. Sc. Ag. is according to state and central agriculture universities.
- Students who have completed 12th from agriculture, science (biology) and mathematics are eligible for PAT or Pre Agriculture Test.
- Pre Agriculture Test is a Multiple Choice Written Exam with Agriculture Multiple Choice Questions and Answers.
- Students who have cleared PAT, are eligible to attained university counselling.
- Seats of B. Sc. Ag. are alloted among the qualified students according to their PAT rank.
- B. Sc. Ag. is a 4-year degree program.
- It is semester based.
- It is compulsory to be passed in each subjects to clear UG in agriculture.
In this post we are giving detail information about the Subject in B. Sc. Agriculture
|2.||List of Subjects in B. Sc. Agriculture.|
|4.||APPLIED AND MINOR SUBJECTS|
1. Introduction: Subjects in B. Sc. Agriculture
(Here is the complete list of subjects in B. Sc. Agriculture)
……………….B. Sc. Agriculture is an Undergraduate degree program of more than 10 subjects (major, minor). Most important subjects from other field are also included in the syllabus of the degree program as applied science except general agriculture.
We can divide these subjects in the following categories:
- Applied subjects in B. Sc. Agriculture.
- Basic subjects in B. Sc Agriculture.
- Major subjects in B. Sc. Agriculture.
- Minor Subjects in B. Sc. Agriculture.
Applied subjects are compulsory for the better understanding of agriculture science.
2. List of Subjects in B. Sc. Agriculture
- List of Major Subjects.
- List of Minor Subjects
Note: There is no exact definition of major and minor subjects. Classification is based on authors experience during B. Sc. Ag.
Here, we will adress basic subjects in B. Sc. Ag. as major subjects and applied subject as minor subjects. At the same time an applied subject can be a major subject (we will clear this concept).
2.1 List of Basic/Major Subjects
- Soil Science.
2.2 List of Applied and Minor Subjects
- Plant Breeding.
- Plant Molecular Bio-Technology.
- Plant Pathology.
- Agriculture Economics.
- Agriculture Extension.
- Physical Classes.
3. BASIC/MAJOR SUBJECTS
Agronomy is a very important subject in agriculture. It is the science of study of cultivation and management practice of field crops. Practical and research works are more important than theory in agronomy. History of initial agriculture is studied under agronomy. Students doing research work in agronomy are known as agronomist.
It helps a lot in preparation of various agriculture entrance examinations. The subject is compulsory from 1st to 4th year in a B. Sc. Ag. degree program. Topics included in agronomy are as follows:
- History of agriculture.
- Weed and weed management.
- Fertilizer management.
- Crop production.
- Crop protection.
Horticulture can be decided into three major parts:
It is the scientific study of cultivation, production and post harvest handling of fruit, vegetable and flower plant-crops.
Students are known as horticulturist.
B. Sc. Agriculture and B. Sc. Horticulture are two different UG degree program. Although horticulture is included as a in B. Sc. as a major subject in all semesters.
Topics included in horticulture are as follows:
- Cultivation practice of flower crops.
- Cultivation practice of fruit crops.
- Cultivation practice of vegetable crops.
- Cultivation practice of spices crop.
- Ornamental horticulture.
What is important with horticulture?
- Horticulture is interesting.
- Practical work in field.
3.3 SOIL SCIENCE
Edaphology is the study of soil in relation with plant. Soil science it the complete study of soil, water and plant relationship.
- Types of soil.
- Soil fertility.
- Soil productivity.
- Soil health.
- Soil micro-organism.
- Soil nutrients.
Practical work is conducted in labs.
4. APPLIED AND MINOR SUBJECTS
Entomology is one of the most important subject in the field of agriculture. Insect-pests of different species are the main subjects of entomology. Entomologist study about the followings:
- Different species of insect-pests.
- Life cycle of insect-pests.
- Damage caused by the pest and symptoms.
- Control measures. Plant protection equipment.
Study of insect morphology and physiology are practical thing in entomology. Collection of different species of species of insects is very interesting work.
4.2 PLANT BREEDING
Creation of a new variety from a plant species is the outcome of scientific work done in plant breeding. The researches are known as plant breeders. The methods of plant breeding are as follows:
- Genetic engineering etc.
4.3 PLANT MOLECULAR BIO-TECHNOLOGY
Plant bio-technology is similar to plant breeding. It is based on the concept of creating new variety using artificial means rather than biological approaches. For example- cultivation of banana using suckers is a traditional method of cultivation. But, the creation of numerous banana plants using tissue culture is an example of bio-technology.
- It includes both the practical and theory classes.
- Syllabus example- Genetic engineering. Tissue culture etc.
4.4 PLANT PATHOLOGY
The science of plant disease, their causal organism and management is plant pathology. Plant pathologist are known for their works in the field of plant disease management which is possible by new research and inventions. Plant disease doesn’t include insect-pests of field crops. Field of plant pathology includes followings:
- Plant disease.
- Disease management.
- Study of causal organisms.
Fungus, bacteria, protozoa and virus are major causal organism of plant diseases.
4.5 AGRICULTURE ECONOMICS
Study of agriculture marketing. Role of agriculture in India’s economy. Fundamentals of economics.
4.6 AGRICULTURE EXTENSION
System developed for the overall growth of agriculture can be decided into three parts:
Education includes formal education (colleges- B. Sc., M. Sc. and Ph. D. in agriculture) and informal education (educating farmers in training program).
Research work includes development of new varieties and technology in the field of agriculture.
Extension education is the medium of extension research work done by the researchers.
Agroforestry is the study of forest plant-trees important for agriculture and human society.
Silviculture is a major practice in agroforestry.
- Meteorology is the study of weather, climate and climatic season.
- Study of climate is related with crop ecology.
- It is included in 1-2 semesters.
- Both, practical and theory classes are included.
- Syllabus is based on fundamentals.
- Syllabus includes topics like- rain, wind, storm, frost, fog etc.
- It is general English.
- Both the practical and theory classes are included.
- Grammar is main topic.
Medium of B. Sc. Ag. can be local languages, Hindi, English. English is included in B. Sc. Ag. as a compulsory subject.
4.10 PHYSICAL CLASSES
Physical classes include:
- Physical exercises etc.
-By Harish Manik
- Economic Importance of Relay Cropping (Utera/Paira Kheti): List of Crops and Crop Model
- What Is CHAMPS (चैंप्स) And How To Apply Manually? Step By Step Procedure To Fill Application Form
- Cultivation Practice of Vegetable Plant-crops Under White Shade Net (Photo/Image)
- 2 Dimensional Crop Cultivation: 2D Crop Cultivation
- Mango Flower and Fruit Drop: Reason and Control Measures