M. Sc. Ag. Thesis – M. Sc. Ag. or Master in Science in Agriculture is a semester based Post Graduation Degree Program in the field of agriculture.
- List of Universities
- 4 Semester’s Degree Program
Introduction: M. Sc. Ag.
M. Sc., agriculture is a subject specific degree program. Universities from different Indian states offer various major and minor subject. Some major agriculture colleges in India are known to provide better and best facility during entire academic session. Universities like Tamil Nadu Agriculture University (TNAU), Tamil Nadu, G B Pant University of Agriculture and Technology (GBPUA&T), Uttarakhand and IGKV are well known agriculture niversity in India.
Importance of M. Sc. Agriculture in India is just like another field of education.
Research Work– Both research work and thesis are compulsory. Research work during 2nd year give an opportunity to find out something new.
Publications– Thousands of articles are written and published by the agriculture students through different publishers. These published articles, reviews and literatures further academic works.
List of Universities and Colleges
List of Agriculture Universities Offering degree of M. Sc. Agriculture:
- IARI, Pusa, New Delhi.
- IGKV, Raipur, C. G.
- JNKV, Jabalpur, M. P.
- BCKV, Mahanpur, W. B.
- Mahatma Phil’s Krishi Vidhyapeeth, Rahuri Maharastra.
- Odisha University of Agriculture and Technology, Bhubaneshwar, Odisha.
- Dr. Rajendra Prasad Central Agriculture University, Samastipur, Bihar.
- Anand Agriculture University, Anand, Gujarat.
- Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pantnagar, Uttarakhand.
- Chhattisgarh Kamdhenu Vishvavidyalaya, Durg.
4 Semester Degree Program
M. Sc. Agriculture is completed in 2 years. It is divided in 4 semester, each semester having 6 month.
Selection is done through entrance exam which is known as CET or Common Entrance Test and ICAR.
Following subjects are offered during the course:
- Plant Breeding.
- Plant Physiological.
- Soil Science.
Students have to select major and minor subject. Major subject is chosen for research work. Minor subject also helps in research work.
First year covers basic theoretical and practical knowledge. Thesis starts from second year. In most subject research work starts from first semester.
- List of Crop Insurance Companies in India
- List of Faculties in an Agricultural University in India
- Bio-fertilizers for Paddy (rice) Plants
- Agriculture GK and Current Affairs
- Home Page: Agriculture Objective Multiple Choice Questions Links