How to Prepare Compost for White Button Mushroom?
This post, entitled- ‘How to Prepare Compost For White Button Mushroom?‘ is going to tell about the method and materials required for the Preparation of Compost in the cultivation of white button mushroom.
Brief Introduction: White Button Mushroom
|Common Name||White Button Mushroom|
|English Name||White Button Mushroom|
|Hindi Name||श्वेत बटन मशरूम|
|Scientific Name||Agarics bisporus|
|Distribution||All over the world (cultivation)|
|Climate||Moderately low temperature|
The white button mushroom is a very important species of mushroom. The procedure of cultivation of this species of mushroom is different from the other species of mushroom, e.g.- Paddy Straw Mushroom (Cultivation of Paddy Straw Mushroom) and Oyster Mushroom (Cultivation Practice of Oyster Mushroom).
In this post we are going to know about the ‘Long(er) Method’ of compost making.
Also Read: Unwanted Mushroom in Mushroom Production.
|1.||Procedure of the Preparation of Compost by Long Method||1.1||Required Materials|
|2.||Explanation of Post Related Words|
|3.||Explanation of Post Related Words|
|4.||Frequently Asked Questions|
1. Procedure of the Preparation of Compost by Long Method
1.1 Required Materials
1.1.1 Combination 01
- 250 kg of wheat or paddy straw (10-15 cm long).
- 25 kg of wheat of paddy chaff/husk.
- Ammonium Sulphate: 4 kg.
- Urea: 3 kg.
- Muriate of Potash: 4 kg.
- Gypsum: 20 kg.
- Malathion: 40 kg.
1.1.2 Combination 02
- 250 kg of wheat straw, 10-15 c.m. long. Or, 400 kg of paddy straw + 6 kg of cotton-seed-flour.
- Wheat Chaff/husk: 30 kg.
- Ammonium Sulphate: 9 kg.
- Urea: 4 kg.
- Super Phosphate: 9 kg.
- Gypsum: 12 kg.
- Calcium Carbonate: 10 kg.
1.1.3 Combination 03
- 300 kg of wheat straw (10-15 cm long).
- 25 kg of wheat chaff/husk.
- Ammonium Sulphate: 9 kg.
- Urea: 4 kg.
- Super Phosphate: 3 kg.
- Muriate of Potash: 3 kg.
- Gypsum: 30 kg.
- Malathion: 40 ml.
- Nemagon: 30 ml.
Also Read: Mushroom Fly: Identification, damage and control.
- 10 inch thick layer of wheat straw is made on cement floor.
- It is sprayed with water. Do it at least 3 times in a day. Follow this for the next day.
- Other materials are mixed together separately, then sprayed with light water. These mixed materials are covered with the wet-sackcloth for a night.
- The wheat chaff, urea and calcium nitrate are mixed with wheat straw.
- Make a square shaped heap from this straw (1.5 × 1.5 × 1.5 m). Now, make it compact.
- Loose this compact heap to spread it on cement floor for 1 hour. This is done after each 3 days.
- Don’t let it dry. So, keep spraying water to check this situation.
- After 1 hour, again, re-heap to compact it.
- Third Rolling Over: Add half of gypsum…. after third rolling-over
- Fourth Rolling Over: Add rest of the gypsum… after 4th rolling over.
- Fifth Rolling Over: Malathion is mixed (dissolved) with water and sprayed over scattered straw during fifth rolling over.
- Now it is re-heaped.
- It is open after 3 days.
- Don’t open it if the smell of ammonia still exists. Open after 2 – 3 days.
If rolling over is performed after each 3 days, then is would take 18 – 21 days.
If rolling over is performed after each 4 days, then the whole procedure will take 26 – 28 days.
Also Read: Images of Paddy Straw Mushroom.
3. Explanation of Post Related Words
Compost is any organic matter which has been de-composed. Generally, agri-wastes are the best materials from which composts are prepared.
It is outer layer which covers wheat grain.
4. Frequently Asked Questions
Question 01. How much time it takes to get production?
Answer: It takes around 4 months.
- How to Prepare Compost For Button Mushroom: Method 02
- How to Prepare Compost for White Button Mushroom: Part 01
- Which is Better Subject in M. Sc. Horticulture- Floriculture, Pomology or Olericulture?
- Unwanted Mushroom in Mushroom Production (Images): InkCap and Remedy
- Mushroom Fly: Identification, Symptoms of Damage, Control and Management