ROOT HORMONE: Types of Root Hormone. Importance of Root Hormone. Use and Application of Root Hormone. Price of Root Hormone. Naturally Synthesized Root Hormone. Artificially Synthesized Root Hormone.
|1.||Introduction: Plant and Root Hormone|
|5.||Types of Root Hormone|
|6.||Where to Purchase Root Hormone?|
Introduction: Plant and Root Hormone
Root hormone is a type of plant hormone which is used in plant propagation. Naturally, it is synthesized by some species of plants itself. The main function of this type of hormone is to promote the the growth of root cell. Commercially available root hormones (purchasing required) are very useful in agribusiness such as a commercial nurseries.
Plant hormone is an active chemical which is involved in physiological activity of a plant. Plant hormones are synthesized inside live parts of a plant e.g., growing shoot and root tips. Some plant hormones are as follows:
Auxin: Auxin is a growth promoter hormone. It is responsible for height of plant.
ABA: ABA is a growth inhibitors.
Cytokinin: It is responsible for cell division.
Ethylene: It is responsible for fruit ripening.
IBA: It is also a growth promoter.
Gibberellin: It is responsible for development of stem.
Quick Rooting: Rooting does not occurs in all types of plant or plant species. In some cuttings like bougainvillea and rose, rooting occur naturally. In ornamental plants like junipers and thuja, success rate of rooting can be increased by the use of commercially available root hormones (powder and liquid form).
Success rate: Success rate is low in traditional cutting method of horticultural plants. More than 50 percent cuttings can die in traditional method. Use of hormone decreases the chance of failure.
Formulation: Root hormones are available in both liquid and powder form.
Availability: It can be purchased from any nearby agricultural shop. It can also be purchased online from any E-COMMERCE shop.
- Air Layering
- Inter-nodal treatment
Air layering is a plant propagation technique. It is performed on the attached branches of a plant/tree.
How to use it?
Follow these steps:
- Take a knife
- Select a branch
- Remove the bark between two nodes or 2.5 inch.
- Thoroughly paste the exposed wooden part with root powder.
- Cover the peeled portion using soil media.
Cutting is a simple method of plant propagation. Cutting is a common propagation method used in some ornamental plant species.
How to use it?
- Take a grafting knife.
- Cut a small branch
- Dip it in hormone formulation.
- Place it in growing media.
Internodes are physical joints found in a creeper or a plant like maize. Betel Vine is creeper plant which produces roots at internode.
- Academic research
- Commercial application
- Home application
Academic research works include M. Sc. Agriculture Research Work and Ph. D. research work.
More amount of the chemical is required in commercial plant production. Use of root hormone in a plant nursery or other farm is commercial application.
It is done in ornamental plants.
Types of Root Hormone
Two types of root hormones are available, first is naturally synthesized hormones found inside a plant and second is commercially prepared products.
Naturally synthesized root hormones:
- IAA (Indole Acetic Acid)
- IBA (Indole Butyric Acid)
Commercially prepared products: Commercially prepared products are made inside a laboratory. These products include a proper media, active chemical (hormone). Some commercial products containing root hormone are as follows:
- Fast Gro
- Root Boost etc.
Where to Purchase Root Hormone?
- Online: E- commerce websites.
- Agricultural shops.
Price: Price range varies from 150 to 10000 rs. depending on quantity and brand.
Explanation of Post Related Words
Question and Answer
Question- 01. Which plants are propagated by cutting?
Answer: The list of plants propagated by cutting-
List of ornamental plants:
- Rose: Stem cutting (hardwood).
- Bougainvillea: Stem cutting (hardwood).
- Marigold: Shoot tip cutting (softwood).
- Hibiscus spp.: Stem cutting (hardwood)
- Jasmine: Stem cutting (hardwood).
- Thuja: Stem cutting (hardwood).
- Junipers: Stem cutting (hardwood).
List of fruit plants
- Mulberry: Hardwood stem cutting.
- Grapes: Hardwood cutting.
- Pomegranate: Hardwood stem cutting.
- West Indain Cherry.
- Passion fruit.
- Fig: Hardwood cutting.
- Bread fruit.
- Procedure of Cultivation of White Button Mushroom
- How to Prepare Compost For Button Mushroom: Method 02
- How to Prepare Compost for White Button Mushroom: Part 01
- Which is Better Subject in M. Sc. Horticulture- Floriculture, Pomology or Olericulture?
- Unwanted Mushroom in Mushroom Production (Images): InkCap and Remedy