MAIN ARTICLE: SAMETI (State Agricultural Management and Extension Training Institute).
SAMETI (समेती), State Agricultural Management and Extension Training Institute, Indira Gandhi Agricultural University, Raipur, C.G., India is a training center for extension personnel and farmers, especially for the government employees (related departments) and progressive farmers of Chhattisgarh including all districts.
This institute arranges different training programmes for extension personnel such as SADO (Senior Agriculture Development Officer), ADO (Agriculture Development Officer), RAEO (Rural Agriculture Development Officer), SHDO (Senior Horticulture Development Officer), HDO (Horticulture Development Officer), RHEO (Rural Horticulture Extension Officer), SMS (Subject Matter Specialist) and farmers.
General Info.: SAMETI
|Type||It is an autonomous institute under the Department of Agriculture and Biotechnology.|
|Association||Agriculture Development and Farmer Welfare and Bio-technology Department, Government of Chhattisgarh|
|Role||State level nodal training institute.|
|Main Objective||To expand the improved technologies of agriculture and allied sectors.|
|Location||1. Indira Gandhi Agriculture University Campus, Labhandi, Krishak Nagar, Jora, Raipur, Chhattisgarh, India.|
2. Main Road- NH (National Highway) No.06, also known as Mumbai to Kolkata.
3. Distance From Ghadi Chouk (घड़ी चौक)- 8.00 km.
4. Distance From Railway Station- 12.00.
5. Distance From Airport- 8.00 km. Nearest airport is ‘Swami Vivekananda Airport, New Raipur’.
|Contact||Indira Gandhi Agricultural University Campus, Labhandi, Raipur (C.G.).|
Phone No.- 0771-2443982 Fax No.- 0771-2443981 Email- [email protected]
Northern Zone districts such as Ambikapur, Surajpur, Jashpur, Balarampur, Raigarh and all other districts of Northern Zone.
Central Zone districts such as Mahasamund, Durg, Gariyaband, Rajnandgoan, Bilashpur, Raipur, Janjgir, Mungeli and all other districts of Central Zone.
Southern Zone districts such as Jagdalpur, Bijagarh, Kondagaon, Dantewada, Narayanpur, Sukma and all other districts of Northern Zone.
(1). Brief History
Date of Establishment: It was established in early 2005. The date of establishment is 19-05-2005.
Established By: It was established by the Government of Chhattisgarh under the Department of Agriculture.
Registration: It was registered under the Chhattisgarh Society Registry Act, 1973 (No. 44 of 1973) on August 17, 2006.
- Seminar/Conference Hall
- Training Rooms.
- Information Technology Training Room.
- Field For Practical Works.
- Guest House.
The Seminar/Conference Hall
There is a conference hall. All conferences and seminars organized by the SAMETI are taken in this hall.
Capacity – 100 persons.
All traines are tarined in advanced training rooms according to training programme’s schedule.
Total Number of Training Rooms – 04.
Capacity of The Training Rooms – 250 persons.
Information Technology Cum Training Center
These are advanced and modern technology based infrastructures.
- HD Projectors.
Nehru Library is big library. It is very close to College of Agriculture, Raipur. It is just 175 m away from the college building. This library has a great collection of reference books.
Field For Practical Works
The area of entire IGKV campus is 400 acre (Citation needed). More than the 3/4 portion of the campus is used for field research, practical works and for crop cultivation.
There are following hostels in the campus:
- Boys hostel.
- Girls hostel.
- Other hostels.
Capacity – 200 trainees.
Guest house is reserved for officer from other states and districts of Chhattisgarh.
(3). Objectives, Works and Programmes
- Organizing training programme for extension personnel of agriculture and related departments, and for progressive farmers. These are need based training programmes.
- Organizing workshops for extension personnel of agriculture and related departments, and for progressive farmers.
- To implement centrally sponsored scheme such as National Food Security Mission on rice, pulse etc., and Pilot Project on Rice Fellow under National Rainfed Area.
- To conduct skill training for rural youth.
- To provide capacity building support.
- Working as consultant.
- PGDAEM: It is Post Graduate Diploma in Agricultural Extension Management. It is course for extension personnel.
- Conducting Diploma for Input Dealers.
Also Read: Self Managing Leadership and Team Building Skills for Organisational Excellence and Its Role in Development of Farmers, Students and Agricultural Organizations : Meaning, Concept and style of Leadership (Part 1)
(4). Training Programme
It is a 7 days training programme. It can be more or less.
- Selection of Extension Personnel.
- Field Level Training.
- Field Visit.
Released by SAMETI.
Selection of Extension Personnel
Selection of extension personnel from each department by the head office (district office).
Teaching is a part of training programme. Classes are taken in separate class rooms (separate from college classrooms).
Field Level Training
These are practical works. Introduction to new systems and technologies applied in modern-day’s agriculture are major topics.
Trainees are taken to tour as field visit, it also a part of training programme.
Relieve orders are released by the director of SAMETI.
Also Read– NHM: National Horticulture Mission
(5). How to Reach?
From Northern Zone (C.G.)
Night Buses: Many night buses are available. These are direct long-distance buses.
Train: One can reach Raipur by train from Raigarh railway station and Ambikapur railway station.
From Central Zone (C.G.)
Bus: Local buses.
Train: From nearby stations.
From Southern Zone (C.G.)
Night Buses: By long-distance night buses.
Train: Jagdalpur railway station.
From Other States
From other states, you can reach Raipur using one of the following way-
Plane: See the list (Ref. 04).
Train: See the list (Ref. 05).
Buses: From nearby districts of neighbor states.
(6). After Training
You can explore Old Raipur city, New Raipur and nearby places.
(7). Other Facts
- Central Sponsored Schemes: NFSM, DAESI and PGDAEM.
Last Updated: 09-04-2021.
- Screen Shot, SAMETI, IGKV, Raipur, C.G.. Google Map.
- About us. Agriportal, C.G., SAMETI, IGKV, Raipur, Chhattisgarh, India.
- Screen shot (Google Map). Railway station, Raipur, Chhattisgarh, India.
- Indian Railways. Wikipedia.
- List of Indian Airports. Wikipedia.