NARWA-GARWA-GHURWA-AUR-BADI- Current Scheme of Chhattisgarh Government for Farmers. Gothan Scheme (गोठान योजना) Under NGGB. Badi Vikas Scheme (बाड़ी विकास योजना) Under NGGB. Nala Vikas Scheme (नाला विकास योजना) Under NGGB. Ghurwa Vikas Scheme (घुरवा विकास योजना) Under NGGB.
Slogan: “छत्तीसगढ़ के चार चिन्हारी- नरवा, गरवा, घुरवा अऊ बारी“. “Chhattisgarh ke char chinhari- Narwa, Garwa, Ghurwa au Bari“.
Translation in English: “Canal, Cattle, Manure pit and Kitchen Garden, are the four symbols of Chhattisgarh”.
Exact translation may differ according to definition.
Disclaimer: This post is based on general knowledge. Visit official site if any doubt.
Introduction: Narwa, Garwa, Ghurwa, Bari (Badi)
Narwa means canal. It is natural canal or water streams. Small river streams and seasonal canal are known as narwa.
Garwa means cow. Both the male and female catlle are known as garwa.
Ghurwa means a place where cow dung is stored to convert it into FYM (Farm Yard Manure). It is a big pit which is filled with cow dung, cow urine and other agricultural wastes.
Badi means kitchen garden. It is situated behind or in front of farmer’s house.
Narwa: Development of Narwa
Most of small rivers, water streams and canals in Chhattisgarh are seasonal. These sources of water start drying rapidly after the end of winter season. Zaid season cultivation becomes difficult during summer season because of dried water streams and canals. Development of small dam and dike is an important point in NGGB. Use of river, water stream and seasonal canal as a water source is being encouraged by the government under NGGB.
Garwa: Development of Gothan
Gothan (गोठान) is home of cattle. A gothan consists the following facilities:
- Cattle shed.
- Water tank.
- Fodder farm.
- Pits for cow dung.
The concept of developing gothan for a village is gathering all the cattle of a village in a single place to provide them food and health facilities e.g., timely vaccination of cattle.
Activities in a gothan which is beneficial for cattle
- Providing shelter.
- Providing food and fresh water.
- Breeding program.
Ghurwa: Development of Manure Production Units
Production of two types of manure is encouraged, first is FYM which is prepared from cow dung and second is vermicompost which is produced by the use of earthworm, scientifically known as Eisenia fetida.
FYM is prepared in Gothan and in farmer’s home yard. Vermibeds are provided free to farmers by the governmental department for the production of vermicompost.
- Production and use of chemical free manure in crop production.
- To reduce farmer’s expenses.
- Use of manure in organic farming (see- Steps in Organic Farming of Vegetable Crops).
Bari: Development of Kitchen Garden (Badi Vikas)
It is known as Badi Vikas Kaaryakram (Yard Development Program)
Badi vikas is related with development of kitchen garden in a farmer’s home. Schemes of badi vikas are as follows:
- Vegetable seed distribution: Seeds of different vegetable crops are provided to farmers for the production of vegetable. Example of vegetable seeds distributed under NGGB program:
- Okra etc.
Seed list can be changed for upcoming years.
- Plant distribution: Fruit plants are distributed to farmers of gothan gram or gothan villages. Example of fruit plants:
Plants are distributed during rainy season.
- Seeding materials of spice crops
- Ginger etc.
- Turmeric seed turmeric production.
Also Read: Cultivation of Black Turmeric.
How Does It Work?
Selection of Villages
Villages under NGGB are selected by the local administrative which is known as Janpad Panchayat. Janpad Panchayat is office of Cheif Executive Officer at block level. Selection criterea are as follows:
- Village should be a gram panchayat.
Selection of Sites
Selection of site is very important. Different sites are marked before final selection in a village. The following things are considered before final decision:
- Village should be located near a water source like small river.
- Governmental land should be available on that particular village.
- Availability of grass field etc.
Development of Site
Development of site is started by the related departments after the completion of necessary steps.
Governmental Departments Related With NGGB are as follows:
- Department of Agriculture.
- Department of Horticulture and Farm Forestry.
- Department of Veterinary or Animal Husbandry.
- Public Health Engineering Department.
Steps in development of site
1. Development of Gothan
Model Gotham is designed and developed in the direction of veterinary officer. All basic ideas are implemented. Construction of cattle shed and other layout are designed and developed by the officers.
2. Development of water resources
- Development of watershed program near a running water source..
- Formation of small dikes across a water stream..
- Formation of pond near a water stream.
Note: Water streams are located near the gothans.
Execution of The Program
Selection of Farmers
Selection is done based on following criteria:
Types of Farmers
- Farmers with minimum piece of land and cattle
- Farmers involved in activity of agriculture.
- Farmers involved in activity of horticulture.
Eligibility criteria for a farmer
- Farmer should have at least 0.250 hectare of land.
- He should have recording of land.
- Holder of Adhar Card as personal identity.
- Holder of bank passbook of his name.
- Farmers with less than 0.250 hectare of land should have cattle like cow.
Implementation of The Schemes
Beneficiaries are benefited with government plans according to eligibility criteria.
The application of scheme starts after the finalized list of farmers.
Explanation of Post Related Words
Cultivation of filed crop during summer season is known as zaid season cultivation.
Solo is an artificial storage structure in which silage (dried folder) is stored.
Vermonters are large 3d bags. It is prepared from tarpaulin sheet.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question- 01. Is this a permanent scheme?
Question- 02. What are the name of schemes of NGGB from agriculture department?
Answer: Schemes are as follows:
- Seed distribution e. g., rice wheat, grams etc.
- Manure distribution.
- Insecticide distribution for corp management.
Also Read: Rice Bowl of India Chhattisgarh
Question- 03. What are the name of schemes of NGGB from veterinary department?
Answer: Schemes are as follows:
- Vaccination program.
- Cultivation of forage crops.
- Creation of self help group.
- Formation of milk cooperative societies.
Question- 04. What are the name of schemes of NGGB from PHED department?
Answer: Schemes are as follows
- Formation of dike and dams.
- Digging bore-wells.
Question- 05. Cultivation practices in winter season and rainy season are known as…?
Ans: Rabi and Kharif, respectively.
- GM Potato: The Need For Future
- Images of Mushroom Diseases: Pinhead Drying & Rotting
- Wild Cashew Nut: Anacardium excelsum
- Red Gram (Pigeon Pea) Sterility Mosaic Virus: Cause, Identification & Management
- Mango Leaf Webber and Shoot Borer: Identification, Damage and Management
AGRONOMY: Agronomy Multiple Choice Questions.
FLORICULTURE: Floriculture Multiple Choice Questions.
HORTICULTURE: Horticulture Multiple Choice Questions.