Wintering in Rose
Wintering in Rose is a method to provide the rose plants proper growth factors to keep the plants healthy and vigorous, and to get more numbers of off season flowers.
|1. Importance and Objectives of Wintering|
|2. Procedure of Wintering in Rose|
|3. Explanations of Post Related Words|
|4. Multiple Choice Questions on Rose Wintering|
|Know about Rose|
(1). Importance and Objectives of Wintering
- Healthy plants.
- Vigorous plants.
- Bigger flowers.
- More flowers.
To get healthy plants
Healthy plants means – ‘Plant free from diseases and other pests’, because strong and healthy plants are tolerant to disease-pests.
To get vigorous plants
Vigorous ornamental plants are attraction of any person. You would have always seen only a vigorous rose plant wining the competition in any exhibition programme.
To get bigger flowers
Bigger roses are the demand of customers. Weather it is an flower exhibition or customers choice, the bigger sized rose flowers are always preferred.
To get more number of flowers
The first objective of a rose grower is to produce bigger roses, but the more numbers of big roses can help gower to achieve more income. And, it is possible with Wintering.
Why does a nursery man require Wintering in Rose?
The nursery men and the rose grower of India don’t care about the topic. It is very possible that they are unaware of this practice.
To get more outcome from their rose farm or to give any garden an eye catching look, it is very necessary for rose growers and garden men to follow this practice.
(2). Procedure of Wintering in Rose
- Blocking Watering.
- Removing Soil.
- Giving plant a rest.
- Check watering the rose plant.
- Do it for 10 – 15 days.
- The duration of checking watering depends on the current status of plant, i.e., health and the brightness of the Sun.
- The process will enhance the current status of weak branches.
- Remove the soil around the soil.
- Remove the soil up to the depth of 15 cm.
- Keep it in same situation up to 2 – 3 days.
- Leaves will turn yellow, and will start to fall down.
Manuring and Watering
- Mix FYM and soil.
- Don’t use new soil.
- Apply recommended dose of fertilizers.
- Fill the vacant place with this.
- Give sufficient water as irrigation.
Do necessary pruning once sap starts to flow into plant.
Also Read: Cultivation Practice of African Marigold
Which is the best time of Wintering in Rose?
Wintering is a method ‘to get off season flowers’. Do it when you need flowers.
(3). Explanations of Post Related Words
Any flower or other plant which exhibits beauty, and used for the same purpose.
Any living agent which causes disease or abnormalities in plants.
Example: Fungi, bacteria, virus, nematode, Insects, monkey etc.
Pruning is a horticultural practice in which unwanted plant parts are removed.
Plant which is able to tolerate pest attack.
In reference to plant > Very healthy or strong.
(4). Multiple Choice Questions on Rose Wintering
Quetion 01. What is the main objective of Wintering in Rose.
(a). Bigger rose flowers.
(b). Vigorous rose plants.
(c). More number of flowers.
(d). To get off season rose flowers.
Answer: To get off season rose flowers.
Question 02. Which is the first step of Winter in Rose?
(a). Removing Soil.
(c). Checking watering.
Answer: Checking watering.
Question 03. Wintering is practiced in..?
Question 04. What are the objectives of Wintering?
(a). To get healthy plants.
(b). To get bigger flowers.
(c). To get vigorous flowers.
(d). All of the above.
Answer: All of the above.
Question 05. Wintering is a/an..?
(a). Off season practice.
(b). On season practice.
(c). Both a and b.
(d). None of the above.
Answer: Off season practice.
- Agriculture Statistic Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) With Answer
- What is Seed Plot Technique in Potato
- Plant-crops Physiological Disorders Multiple Choice Objective Questions
- Plant Physiology Multiple Choice Objective Questions and Answers: Agriculture Competitive Exams
- IGKV CET Multiple Choice Questions